[SciPy-user] quesiton about integrate.odeint

Xiangyu Ding xiangyuding at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 20:51:36 EDT 2009

Hi

Sorry to bother, I just started using Scipy for research and so far
I'm pretty impress with how fast scipy is compare to matlab.

I just had a quick question about odeint.
When I try to integrate a large ode system, like dy/dt = A*y, where A
is a very large matrix say like 70000 by 70000 sparse matrix, the
odeint function seem to breakdown, so I was wondering if that was a
bug or is the function simply not made to handle function of that
size?

Thanks a lot,

Xiangyu Ding