[SciPy-user] Control Systems Toolbox

Gael Varoquaux gael.varoquaux at normalesup.org
Sun Mar 2 08:05:44 EST 2008

On Sat, Mar 01, 2008 at 09:22:17PM +0100, Fabrice Silva wrote:
> Are you interested in some help for developing some control system
> features? I'm willing to python-ize some of the Octave Control Systems
> Toolbox
> http://enacit1.epfl.ch/cours_matlab/octave-manual/octave_30.html

I haven't been following this very closely, but can you remind me if we
are talking about a scikit which could be released under the GPL, or
something that would be released under a BSD license. The reason I ask
this question is that Octave is GPL, and to write BSD-license coded
inspired by their code I think you would need either to do some white
room engineering, or ask for special permission to the authors. Don't
trust my opinion too much, I am license expert, but I just wanted to
point out this eventual snag.

Cheers,

Gaël