[SciPy-user] Test failure on OS X Leopard

Jonathan Hunt jjh at 42quarks.com
Mon Jun 23 19:59:55 EDT 2008

Hi David,

I'm happy to help SciPy/NumPy are excellent software that I'm pleased
to be able to help with (in a small way). Btw. this problem occured on
both my laptop (MacBook Pro, Core2 Due) and desktop (MacPro 4 core)
which are running 10.5.3 and 10.5.2 respectively.

I had tried to answer you question so I opened
/Library/Python/2.5/site-packages/scipy/lib/blas/setup.py but I
couldn't find the function you were refering to. I have attached the
file in case I'm missing something. Am I looking in the wrong place?
Would you like me to update to the SVN version of SciPy and see if
that fixes the problem?

Also, if I understand your message the errors in this test function
won't cause problems when I actually use SciPy? Is that correct?

Thanks,
Jonny