[SciPy-user] Test failure on OS X Leopard

David Cournapeau david at ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Mon Jun 23 10:00:58 EDT 2008

Jonathan Hunt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Build log is attached. I am running OS X 10.5.3 with gfortran 4.2.1
> and gcc 4.0.1 (and python 2.5).

Thanks, as I expected, a problem with fortran/C wrapping. There is a
problem with the Accelerate framework, for which we have a workaround.
For some reason, the workaround is not setup in your case; I have
Leopard 10.5.3 too, and I don't have this problem (the workaround is
used in my case).

Even stranger, the workaround is used once in your case; it only does
not work for scipy.lib.blas. Since this module is not used anywhere in
scipy yet, it is not so much problematic (on the contrary, having this
problem in scipy.linalg would have been problematic).

If you are willing to help us solving this log, could you tell use what
does info['extra_link_flags'] contain in the function
needs_cblas_wrapper, in scipy.lib.blas.setup.py (line 30). It should
contain -Wl,Accelerate, as in the build.log, but I don't quite see how
the regex could fail...

thanks,

David