[SciPy-user] Python(x,y) license

Bruce Southey bsouthey at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 09:44:19 EDT 2008

Hi,
Please read the resources provided by the Software Freedom Law Center
(http://www.softwarefreedom.org/resources)  especially
"Maintaining Permissive-Licensed Files in a GPL-Licensed Project:
Guidelines for Developers"
(http://www.softwarefreedom.org/resources/2007/gpl-non-gpl-collaboration.html).
This is mainly resulted from including BSD licensed code in a
GPL-licensed project but many of the points are valid for other projects
with non-GPL licenses.

While IANAL, you must pay special attention to all clauses of the
licenses (especially the GPL V3) because you are redistributing code.
Many terms only appear occur when redistributing code.

Regards
Bruce