[SciPy-user] Real-time plotting and data storage format questions

Andrew Charles ac1201 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 19:45:18 EDT 2008

netCDF is mostly used for geophysical, in particular atmospheric data,
although I also use it for more general physical model results. There
are a wealth of command line tools for inspecting and operating on
netCDF files.

I found the AMBER (an MD package -
http://amber.scripps.edu/netcdf/nctraj.html) convention useful in
working out how to lay out my particle data in a netCDF file.

I've never used HDF, so I can't give a comparison.