[SciPy-user] debugging scipy

Andres Corrada-Emmanuel corrada at cs.umass.edu
Sun Dec 30 08:46:46 EST 2007

Hello,

On a different slant on this topic: Is there documentation on how to
setup a debugging environment for scipy? I mean by that some sort of
step-by-step instructions on how to build a debugging version, what
tools are useful (nm, objdump, etc.) and how to step thru the pdb and/or
gdb at the same time. I once knew how to do this with extension modules
with gdb but have lost the knowledge after years of disuse. This sort of
documentation could help people like me who are users of scipy to
acquire skills that can help the scipy developers when debugging problems.