[SciPy-user] ubuntu Edgy Eft and Scipy

David Cournapeau david at ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Tue Oct 17 02:18:41 EDT 2006

> As of today, these are the packages you get if you install Edgy, add the
> "universe" repository to your /etc/apt/sources.list, and type "apt-get
> install python-numpy python-scipy python-matplotlib" (or use the nice
> Synaptic Package Manager GUI):
>
> numpy 1.0rc1
> matplotlib 0.87.5
> scipy 0.5.1
>
> I guess this is what you mean by "the official numpy packages".

Yes, exactly. I discovered that the debian packages were included in
ubuntu as well recently, which would make them easier for me to test (I
used a debian chroot jail to test them inside my ubuntu machines
before). But it looks like they are still buggy in the dependencies with
lapack and such,

David