[SciPy-user] sorry (mailing list is a bit slow?)

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Wed Jul 19 02:53:38 EDT 2006

On 7/18/06, David Grant <davidgrant at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 7/18/06, Robert Kern <robert.kern at gmail.com> wrote:
> > David Grant wrote:
> > > Sorry for the re-send everybody (and for this message). It looks like my
> > > first email and the re-send hit the archives already but I have yet to
> > > receive either of them through the mailing list. Did anyone receive
> > > either of those messages? Please reply in private, do not reply to the
> > > list. Thanks and sorry again.
> >
> > [replaying to the list since it seems relevant]
> >
> > I got both of your messages. I know that I don't get any of my messages
> that I
> > send to the list. I think it's a GMail thing since my "Receive your own
> posts to
> > the list?" setting on my Mailman preferences page is set to "Yes," and I
> didn't
> > used to see this behavior before I started using GMail. You may want to
> check
> > your own Mailman and GMail preference pages.
>

> Interesting... thanks for this info. I just switched to GMail last week...
> and my mailman settings are like yours. I guess what would solve it would be
> if I could label outgoing messages to scipy-user with my sci-python label...
> then it would show up under that label. There is no way to do this though,
> unless I go through my Sent mail folder every once in a while and tag stuff.

Yes, it seems gmail does NOT show your own messages in your inbox as
new, though they do appear once someone replies and you get the whole
thread.  It also threw me for a loop, and I find it mildly annoying,
but there doesn't seem to be a config option I can find.

I don't know if sourceforge really /is/ blocking gmail, I think quite
a few of us have just tripped on this (though it could be that SF is
also doing something nasty).

Cheers,