[SciPy-user] numpy and f2py

Ryan Krauss ryanlists at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 00:41:37 EST 2006

Thanks for your willingness to help Robert, but I think I have it all
working.  It was actually pretty straightforward, I just happen to
have an old .so file in my test directory that I didn't realize my
script was picking up that was causing me trouble.

I basically deleted the f2py2e directory from my site-packages dir and
deleted the f2py executable from /usr/bin and then reinstalled numpy
and everything is working well.  I probably didn't need to manually
delete the executable as it was probably being over written.
I checked my version and didn't know if this
ryan at ubuntu:~$ f2py -v
2_2025
was old or new.  But apparently it is new (when I deleted it and then
reinstalled, it came back with this same version).

So, near as I can tell, everything is working fine for me and I am now
running the new scipy/numpy with weave and f2py both happy.

Thanks for your help,

Ryan