[SciPy-user] Problems with Scipy on OS X

Alimamy Bangura a.bangura1 at physics.ox.ac.uk
Sat Jun 11 09:46:41 EDT 2005

Hi,

I hope someone can help me.

I have tried to install scipy on a clean install of OS X 10.3. I have
the full installation of the Developer tools and followed the
instructions at
http://www.scipy.org/documentation/Members/fonnesbeck/osx_build.txt

I seemed to have successfully installed all the components and I then
tried the scipy.test and got this.

bangura$ python
Python 2.3 (#1, Sep 13 2003, 00:49:11)
[GCC 3.3 20030304 (Apple Computer, Inc. build 1495)] on darwin
 >>> import scipy
 >>> from scipy import *
 >>> t=scipy.test()

Fatal Python error: Interpreter not initialized (version mismatch?)
Abort trap

Any ideas about how to go about fixing this problem.

cheers,

Ali