[SciPy-user] Universal constants

Robert Kern rkern at ucsd.edu
Fri Jan 28 17:25:27 EST 2005

R. Padraic Springuel wrote:
> Does anybody know where within scipy (or its associated packages) pi and
> e are defined?  Also, are any other constants predefined?  I'm thinking
> of adding a few others to the list but don't want to duplicate effort if
> its already done and would like to keep everything in one place.

As other people mentioned, pi and e are defined in Numeric, numarray,
and math. As for adding new constants, I think a new file,
scipy_base/constants.py, would be a good place for them. I'd rather not
pollute the global namespace (i.e. what you get when you "from scipy
import *") with more constants, though.

--
Robert Kern
rkern at ucsd.edu