[SciPy-user] Debian package(s)?

Pearu Peterson pearu at cens.ioc.ee
Thu Nov 14 13:57:20 EST 2002

On Thu, 14 Nov 2002, Francesc Alted wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 14, 2002 at 07:46:37PM +0200, Pearu Peterson wrote:
> > Btw, are you also Debian developer?
>
> Actually no. I've tried to become a developer, but I had no luck to find a
> sponsor with time enough to guide me in that process.
>
> So, I propose to try to package scipy, say, during next week, and then send
> it to Joe Reinhardt for inspection and possible inclusion in Debian.
>
> Is that ok?

I guess it depends on Joe. My experience with debian packages is based
on only using Debian and sometimes installing few deb packages manually
(with apt-get or dselect).
However, I have noticed that few debianized packages either in their
tar-ball or in their CVS contain debian/ directory containing necessary
files for creating deb-files. I was hoping that we could maintain this
directory inside scipy CVS repository so that debian packaging burden will
be more distributed among developers. The same applies also for chaco and
f2py.

Pearu