[SciPy-user] Debian package(s)?

Steve M. Robbins steven.robbins at videotron.ca
Thu Nov 14 13:53:11 EST 2002

On Thu, Nov 14, 2002 at 07:10:33PM +0100, Francesc Alted wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 14, 2002 at 07:46:37PM +0200, Pearu Peterson wrote:
> > Btw, are you also Debian developer?
>
> Actually no. I've tried to become a developer, but I had no luck to find a
> sponsor with time enough to guide me in that process.
>
> So, I propose to try to package scipy, say, during next week, and then send
> it to Joe Reinhardt for inspection and possible inclusion in Debian.
>
> Is that ok?

That sounds OK.

Is it the consensus of the developers that CVS scipy is ready
to be released?

I'm also a Debian developer with strong interest in seeing f2py and
scipy in debian.  My time & interest in scipy waxes and wanes,
however.  I'm not heavily using scipy at the moment, which is why I
didn't immediately volunteer to maintain the package for debian.  I
would be willing to help out a group packaging effort, though.

-Steve