[SciPy-Dev] Regarding contribution in Scipy organization for GSoC 21

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at gmail.com
Sat Mar 20 11:25:38 EDT 2021

Hi Amulya,

On Sat, Mar 20, 2021 at 4:09 PM Amulya Gupta <amulyabitspilani at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Dear Sir/Ma'am,
> I am  Amulya Gupta, a sophomore from BITS,Pilani. I have been coding for
> the past 3 years. I am profound in Python(Modules: nose test, poetry,
> numpy, matplotlib, cmake, pipenv, tkinter, turtle and currently learning
> mypy etc), C++, Mysql, Java script. I have experience in open source with
> an internship with an organisation called NumFocus. I want to openly
> contribute to the project "*Add type annotations to a submodule*" from
> SciPy.  Please can I talk to the mentor about his expectations from the
> student applying. How many more students have applied for the same project and
> how does the mentor has pre-planned about the project and his inputs for
> the proposal buildup.

I have replied to you already. We are happy to help, but do expect that you
read the information we have put together on the ideas page (
https://github.com/scipy/scipy/wiki/GSoC-2021-project-ideas) and try to
understand what is needed. If you have concrete questions or an early draft
of a proposal we can give you feedback. But we won't draft the proposal for
you - there are lots of examples, from the PSF template to the guidance in
https://google.github.io/gsocguides/student/writing-a-proposal.html

Cheers,
Ralf