[SciPy-Dev] GSoC 2019

Eric Larson larson.eric.d at gmail.com
Sat Mar 30 13:31:51 EDT 2019

It looks like the main ideas are in these bits of code, but not explicitly
stated. In brief it looks like the proposed API is to add a `fft_object`
kwarg to every function in `scipy.fftpack`. It would be good to discuss
this choice explicitly -- what advantages and disadvantages it has relative
to other approaches (e.g., creating new namespaces, or having a
`set_backend` function (and/or context manager) that would change things
under the hood).

If you make changes and need more feedback, let us know. The more specific
you can be about what you need feedback on (high level ideas, low level
implementation, etc.), the better.

Eric