[SciPy-Dev] mac osx blas segfault

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 13:54:48 EST 2019

On Sun, Feb 3, 2019 at 10:43 AM Mark Alexander Mikofski <
mikofski at berkeley.edu> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Sorry for asking again. I know that Accelerate lapack has been deprecated.

It's not just deprecated, it's no longer supported.

I have openblas from homebrew. If I use LDFLAGS, CPPFLAGS, and
> PKG_CONFIG_PATH

These should not be needed. If OpenBLAS is in one of the standard places
where numpy.distutils looks for it, then it will be picked up
automatically. Not sure if that's the case for Homebrew. Otherwise, I would
recommend using site.cfg to point to the paths where OpenBLAS is located -
see example.site.cfg.

Cheers,
Ralf

, I get a very long traceback of compiler errors, I can post them if that