[SciPy-Dev] Thoughts on creating a toolbox for analysis of nonlinear dynamical system analysis

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at gmail.com
Sat Mar 24 02:03:36 EDT 2018

On Fri, Mar 23, 2018 at 8:39 AM, Joseph Slater <joseph.c.slater at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Ralf: There was a recent discussion on the frustrations of lack of SciPy
> contributors- mousai is an example, along with my other projects, some more
> relevant to potential future inclusion in SciPy, some less.

I wouldn't call them frustrations - compared to some years ago we're in
pretty good shape. It's also not lack of contributors (200 open PRs
currently and ~100 contributors per release), it's lack of maintainers.

Mousai does look like a good start. I'm not a domain expert, but I'm well
aware of the limited options in this area. Adding Mousai to
https://scipy.org/topical-software.html may be useful to make it more
discoverable - I'd be happy to merge a PR at
https://github.com/scipy/scipy.org

Cheers,
Ralf