[SciPy-Dev] Thoughts on creating a toolbox for analysis of nonlinear dynamical system analysis

Ilhan Polat ilhanpolat at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 15:09:38 EDT 2018

My problem with nonlinear tools is that they are exceedingly generic; even
the name itself "anything not linear". This applies particularly to
dynamics and control. Many attempts get overwhelmed quickly over the
generalness though I wholeheartedly agree with the sentiment. A non-GUI,
simulink-like tool would be great indeed.

If the scope gets narrower and it does one thing or two sufficiently well
and quick then it might(!) find a place in, say, sp.integrate or sp.signal.
but otherwise it would be indeed out of scope.

Pydstool or BMSpy require really dedicated contributors because of the
specialization needed to improve the code. Hence my jerk knee response
would be first to get their reaction about the roadmap they have in mind.