[SciPy-Dev] SciPy 1.0 release schedule proposal

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at gmail.com
Thu Sep 14 03:55:29 EDT 2017

On Sun, Aug 20, 2017 at 6:23 PM, Ralf Gommers <ralf.gommers at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> We're now at 5 months after the 0.19.0 release, and well behind our
> planned 1.0 release date [1]. So it's high time for a more concrete plan -
> here it is:
>
> Sep 16: Branch 1.0.x
> Sep 17: beta1
> Sep 27: rc1
> Oct 7: rc2
> Oct 17: final release

Hi all, here's a friendly reminder that we're branching 1.0.x in 2 days
from now. There aren't any serious blockers in the issues marked for 1.0.0,
so let's try to get as much merged as possible, and we'll bump the rest.

My plan is to work as far as possible through
https://github.com/scipy/scipy/milestone/32 for everything except the
scipy.signal and scipy.sparse issues/PRs. For signal I'm hoping that Warren
and Eric L. together can merge most open PRs. For sparse the linalg issues
can be fixed later and backported, and the sparse matrix ones it looks like
we won't get to (unless CJ you have fixes up your sleeve?).

Ralf