[SciPy-Dev] Travis CI fails for test_ndimage which is unrelated to my PR

Pauli Virtanen pav at iki.fi
Mon Nov 13 17:02:06 EST 2017

Hi,

ma, 2017-11-13 kello 13:07 -0800, Adam kirjoitti:
> Right now, it's failing the Travis CI checks.  From I can tell, it's
> claiming that a test script called 'test_ndimage.py' is failing.
>  From
> the Travis output:
> 	FAIL
> scipy/ndimage/tests/test_ndimage.py::TestNdimage::()::test_map_coordi
> na
> tes_endianness_with_output_parameter
> 	(link: https://travis-ci.org/scipy/scipy/jobs/301127108#L946-L9
> 49)
> My PR has nothing to do with test_ndimage. (Although I did add a new
> test script called test_hyp2f1.py, but as far as I can tell all the
> test cases with this file passed).
> Is this another bug with the Travis CI checks? Or is there something
> wrong with my PR?

If it's clear the failure is unrelated, you can simply ignore it, and
maybe note that it's unrelated in a comment on the PR.

In this case it's unrelated --- one of the CI checks runs using current
numpy master branch, and it breaks when Numpy adds deprecation warnings
or makes some backward incompatible changes. This is also the cause for
the failure you are seeing. Generally we try to address these as they
turn up, but it can take some days.

	Pauli