[SciPy-Dev] branching 0.19.x soon?

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 04:27:44 EST 2017

On Thu, Feb 9, 2017 at 6:57 AM, Evgeni Burovski <evgeny.burovskiy at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 17, 2017 at 11:54 AM, Ralf Gommers <ralf.gommers at gmail.com>
> wrote:

> make
> >>
> >> Thanks for bringing this up Ralf!
> >>
> >> The dblquad regression would be good to fix.
> >> (Ah, as noted on GH already)
> >> Can't think of other blockers off the top of my head. Some more time
> >> for merging open PRs would be nice to have, but optional.
> >

> > It seems like we're always hovering around 130-140 PRs, no matter how
> much
> > time we take. But probably good to give it say two weeks, so everyone
> has a
> > chance to go and review/merge the PRs they would really like to get in?

> release
> >>
> >> If someone wants it, great. Volunteers?
> >> Otherwise I'll happily do it.
> >

> > "want" is a big word:) I'm also happy to take a turn again, either for
> this
> > release or a following one. But if someone new to the role volunteers,
> > that'd be quite nice.
>

> Having discussed this with Ralf off-list, I am volunteering to do the
> release legwork.

Thanks again Evgeni!

> The contents of the milestone: https://github.com/scipy/
> scipy/milestones/0.19.0.
> Several of these are rolled over from a previous release or even
> earlier ones, where an issue or a PR does not make the release X, and
> gets re-milestoned to X+1 so that we don't forget (tm).
>
> These look like blockers:
>
> A flaky test in linalg: https://github.com/scipy/scipy/issues/6984
> A regression in integrate: https://github.com/scipy/scipy/issues/6898

There's a PR which needs completing (tests to add):
https://github.com/scipy/scipy/pull/6965. If someone would want to have a
go at that, that'd be great.

> A failure in stats with numpy-dev:
> https://github.com/scipy/scipy/pull/7012#issuecomment-278368718
>
> The rest seem to be possible to roll over again unless fixed.

I'll check the ``make dist`` issue mentioned in gh-3250; from the
description it can't be rolled over but isn't a problem for RC1.

> Of
> course, any help with troubleshooting, reviewing and merging is most
> appreciated.
>
> If you think something is missing and should go into 0.19.0, please
> add it to the milestone, or comment on github or in this email thread.
>
> Here's an optimistic schedule:
>
> 15 Feb : branch 0.19.x, cut 0.19.0rc1
> 22 Feb : 0.19.0rc2, if needed
> 09 Mar : 0.19.0 final
>
> Please speak up if the timing does not work for you.

LGTM

Ralf