[SciPy-Dev] PR for signal.planck (Planck-taper and Planck-Bessel window functions)

Yuri D'Elia wavexx at thregr.org
Sat Apr 9 15:47:26 EDT 2016

Hi everyone,

I'd like to bring to your attention this PR:

  https://github.com/scipy/scipy/pull/6012

which implements the Plack-taper window (http://arxiv.org/pdf/1003.2939)
along with tests and documentation.

It's a rarely-used window, with current citations only in the
gravitational-wave field of research. I can definitely see why there
might be reluctance in merging such a rarely used window.

Nevertheless, I'd like to know if there is actual interesting or not, as
I could furthermore provide the implementation of the Planck-Bessel and
Cosine-Hyperbolic windows as well.

Thanks!