[SciPy-Dev] optimize - add algorithm for global optimization: GenSA

Sturla Molden sturla.molden at gmail.com
Sat Oct 24 12:16:36 EDT 2015

"Gubian, Sylvain" <Sylvain.Gubian at pmi.com> wrote:

> The code is ready and passes unit tests and PEP8. We hope it would be a
> useful addition to SciPy and would be happy to have your opinion.

anneal was thrown out because it was very weak, not because we dislike SA
in general. Although it was not clear if the weakness was due to the
particular implementation or due to classical SA per se. If an
implementation of SA can be shown to be strong I personally see nothing
wrong with including it.

Sturla