[SciPy-Dev] Fwd: Integral Equation Solver

Oliver Pierson ocp at gatech.edu
Sun May 17 21:10:35 EDT 2015

Hi Ralf,
  Thanks for your reply.  I believe that Volterra integral equations have
some applicability in stochastic processes.  For example, I used them for
the inference of a first passage time distribution of a process obeying a
Langevin equation. Wikipedia says they "find application in demography, the
study of viscoelastic materials, and in insurance mathematics through the
renewal equation."  However, I don't work in any of those fields and as
matter of experience, I agree that they seem to be used quite rarely since
I had never encountered them prior to the application I spoke of above.
Your suggestion of a PyPi package seems like a good one; I'll work towards
that for now.

Regards,
Oliver