[SciPy-Dev] Fwd: Integral Equation Solver

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at gmail.com
Sun May 17 11:53:35 EDT 2015

Hi Oliver,

On Tue, May 12, 2015 at 10:02 PM, Oliver Pierson <ocp at gatech.edu> wrote:

> Hi All,
>

>   Awhile back I had written some code to solve Volterra integral equations
> (integral equations where one of the integration bounds is a variable).
> The code is available on Github (https://github.com/oliverpierson/volterra).
> Just curious if there'd be any interest in adding this to Scipy?  I still
> have some work to do on the code.  However, before I invest too much time,
> I was trying to get a feel for the interest in this functionality.

It feels to me like the applicability is a bit too narrow to consider
inclusion in Scipy. I could be wrong, but I find only one previous question
about Volterra integral equations in the scipy mailing list (from 2007), no
other Python implementation and few papers or implementations in other
languages. Maybe it would make more sense to release your code as a
separate package on Pypi for now?

Ralf