[SciPy-Dev] SciPy 2014 BoF Panel

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 18:10:20 EDT 2014

On Wed, Jun 4, 2014 at 1:11 AM, Kyle Mandli <kyle.mandli at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> As one of the co-chairs in charge of organizing the birds-of-a-feather
> sesssions at the SciPy conference this year, I wanted to solicit through
> the SciPy list to start a discussion on what kind of BoF or set of BoF
> sessions might be worthwhile at SciPy this year.  Since SciPy is
> particularly broad (especially if you include the sci-kits) I was thinking
> it might be worthwhile to cast a wide net and see what interest there was.
>  I can help facilitate organization and ideas on what kind of format for
> each particular BoF that is proposed might have.

Hi Kyle, looks like there won't be a lot of scipy devs at the SciPy
conference. Most of us are based in Europe. In principle I like the idea of
such a BoF though, thanks for bringing it up.

We'll actually have a sprint at EuroSciPy (Aug 31) where I think holding a
discussion on the scipy roadmap would make sense.

Cheers,
Ralf