[SciPy-Dev] GSoC 2014 Scipy

Evgeni Burovski evgeny.burovskiy at gmail.com
Wed Feb 26 16:56:47 EST 2014

The lowest hanging fruit in interpolate is probably
https://github.com/scipy/scipy/issues/2883 (also
https://github.com/scipy/scipy/pull/2884).

Addressing https://github.com/scipy/scipy/issues/3261 should be doable
think, depending on your math background/familiarity with rather low level
c/cython coding (which is required for doing things in interpolate
anyway).  Might be a bit too much for a first PR though.

Adding derivatives to a barycentric interpolator,
https://github.com/scipy/scipy/issues/2725, can be worth a shot. From a
quick glance over the original paper it seems that at least the first
derivative is relatively straightforward (while higher derivatives do get
messy).

For B-splines have a look at https://github.com/scipy/scipy/issues/1408
My recent try, https://github.com/scipy/scipy/pull/3174 is not very useful
really: the tck format really needs to be set in stone before coding
anything.