[SciPy-Dev] GSoC 2014 Scipy

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at gmail.com
Wed Feb 26 15:56:11 EST 2014

Hi Shantanu,

On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 2:11 PM, SHANTANU SHAHANE <shahaneshantanu at gmail.com
> wrote:

> Hello,
> I am a pre-final year engineering student. I am interested in the project
> of "improving interpolation capabilities" as a part of GSoC 2014. I have
> experience of python programming and also, I have studied basic B-spline
> and other interpolation schemes.
> I would be grateful if someone could guide me as how to proceed further as
> in if I need to read some reference or to code some small problem etc.

I'm sure you've seen https://github.com/scipy/scipy/wiki/GSoC-project-ideas,
which contains some advice and requirements. Having one PR accepted is a
hard requirement, so I suggest to start with that. It will give you a good
idea of the workflow. Please don't leave it to the last moment, because
usually some rework is needed before the PR can be merged. In principle you
can make whatever PR you want (bugfix, enhancement), but I'd advice to
start with one from labeled "easy-fix" (
https://github.com/scipy/scipy/issues?labels=easy-fix&milestone=&page=1&state=open
).

Regarding the interpolation project Pauli or Evgeni should be able to give
you some details, they've been working on that recently.

Cheers,
Ralf