[SciPy-Dev] Voting functionality on scipy central

Sebastián Ventura lomegor at gmail.com
Sat Sep 21 18:39:23 EDT 2013

On 20 September 2013 19:32, <josef.pktd at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 20, 2013 at 1:49 PM, Surya Kasturi <suryak at ieee.org> wrote:
> > Hi there,
> >
> > At this time, we thought of giving a relook to Reputation system we built
> > for SciPy Central. There are some of design decisions that have to be
> looked
> > into
> >
> > 1. Should new revisions carry on reputation of previous revision?
> >
> > or
> >
> > 2. Should we attach reputation to "Submission" as a whole or each
> "Revision"
> > individually?
>
> What is reputation based upon? Does it update automatically over time?

Reputation is based on votes by logged in people. There will be an up arrow
and a down arrow on revisions.

Personally, I believe the best solution would be to have reputation be a
field on revisions that gets copied (from the last revision) when a new
revision is created for the same submission. But after the new revision is
created, it is no longer linked to the past revision (so both of them can
be voted separately).

Sebastian