[SciPy-Dev] Voting functionality on scipy central

josef.pktd at gmail.com josef.pktd at gmail.com
Fri Sep 20 14:32:17 EDT 2013

On Fri, Sep 20, 2013 at 1:49 PM, Surya Kasturi <suryak at ieee.org> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> At this time, we thought of giving a relook to Reputation system we built
> for SciPy Central. There are some of design decisions that have to be looked
> into
>
> 1. Should new revisions carry on reputation of previous revision?
>
> or
>
> 2. Should we attach reputation to "Submission" as a whole or each "Revision"
> individually?

What is reputation based upon? Does it update automatically over time?

I would prefer carrying over reputation across revisions, as long as
ancient reputation doesn't have a full influence forever.

another possibility is to give the submitter a choice whether to carry
over reputation. Assuming revisions don't make code much worse, but
might be a large improvement.

Josef