[SciPy-Dev] ANN: SciPy 0.12.0 beta 1 release

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at gmail.com
Thu Mar 21 15:27:45 EDT 2013

On Sat, Feb 16, 2013 at 10:34 PM, Ralf Gommers <ralf.gommers at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am pleased to announce the availability of the first beta release of
> SciPy 0.12.0. This is shaping up to be another solid release, with some
> cool new features (see highlights below) and a large amount of bug fixes
> and maintenance work under the hood. The number of contributors also keeps
> rising steadily, we're at 74 so far for this release.

Hi all, just an update on the status of 0.12.0. There have not been a lot
of issues reported for the beta, so the TODO list isn't all that long. List
of 7 tickets at http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/report/3, most of which
already have PRs to close them.

I have had trouble finding time to spend on this release, but aim to get
RC1 out within a week or so.

Cheers,
Ralf