[SciPy-Dev] Version 0.12.1? And some newcomer questions

Pauli Virtanen pav at iki.fi
Wed Jul 24 08:47:48 EDT 2013

24.07.2013 12:05, Juan Luis Cano kirjoitti:
> I would like to know if there are any plans to release a bugfix version
> of SciPy 0.12. I've been working with scipy.signal lately and I've
> stumbled upon some of the bugs that have been fixed on master in April
> and May since 0.12.0. But in a more general sense, I don't know if there
> is a roadmap to backport some bugfixes to maintenance/0.12.x (or if
> there is help needed?) because there is no hint in the issues milestones.

I think the current plan is to not do a point release before 0.13, which
is on schedule in the next few months.

> I've just submitted my first code contribution to SciPy and as a
> newcomer (also willing to make some more) I was looking for this kind of
> information: workflow, guidelines, roadmap, future plans... And I have
> to say that it is scarce. For example, I was looking for the best way to
> work with SciPy source code and I ended up doing this:

Did you find these:

     https://github.com/scipy/scipy/blob/master/HACKING.rst.txt
     http://docs.scipy.org/doc/scipy/reference/hacking.html

If yes, specific suggestions on what to improve would be welcome.

--
Pauli Virtanen