[SciPy-Dev] issues trac migration review

Skipper Seabold jsseabold at gmail.com
Thu Apr 25 14:58:12 EDT 2013

On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 2:34 PM, Skipper Seabold <jsseabold at gmail.com> wrote:
> All,
>
> Like removing a band-aid. The pain should be over. It seems to have
> gone pretty smoothly from the problems log, but let me know if you
> notice anything. I can fix problems for now, but I'd prefer not to
> make changes through the API after we announce that it's live. Feels
> dirty.
>
> https://github.com/scipy/scipy/issues
>
> Incidentally, it would probably be good if someone could take a
> snapshot of the trac attachments from that server just in case. I
> didn't do this.

So maybe the notifications weren't such a great idea. So far I know
that I only spammed a few people from their curt responses, and github
contacted me to let me know that I flooded github's servers with a
backlog of notifications. So let's hold off for at least a few hours
before publicizing the move any more / using the issue tracker and
generating more notifications.

Skipper