[SciPy-Dev] Scipy.spatial.Delaunay fail to produce the tetrahedron for all particles

Ilaudy mailforshao at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 04:57:34 EDT 2012

Dear developer,

I am using Scipy.spatial.Delaunay to do some analysis. I found that the Delaunay
model can not produce the tetrahedron for my simulated 3D particles which is at
the center of a halo. Lots of it are not included in the tri.vertices. For
example, I select about ~2300 particles in the center, and do the triangulation.
But the tri.vertices only have a shape of (484, 4)! I think this should be a
problem of the Hull's accuracy setting. Can I know where I can tune this? Or any
suggestions are welcome.

I have report this in here, http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/ticket/1728.
You can find the 3D particles' position in the attached .txt file

Thanks.
ilaudy