[SciPy-Dev] scipy 0.11.0 release schedule

Pauli Virtanen pav at iki.fi
Wed May 30 15:24:41 EDT 2012

30.05.2012 21:03, Jacob VanderPlas kirjoitti:
> If you look at QHull, could you check if there's an easy way for it to
> expose information on edges as well?  (that is, a listing of the
> segments connecting the points which define the simplexes).  If we had
> that, it could be combined with the new csgraph tools to allow a very
> fast computation of euclidean minimum spanning trees for spatial
> clustering.  I'm not aware of any good python implementation of EMST
> available currently.

That's currently implicitly contained in the adjacency information (the
`neighbors` attribute).

The edge between simplex and its j-th neighbor consists of its vertices,
excluding the j-th one. Sounds like that might be extracted with some
slicing and a range(ndim) for loop. Needs some filtering out of the -1
entries in the neighbor array, though...

But this could also be added as a new attribute. The information can be
lazily computed when first accessed, so there's no memory penalty.

	Pauli