[SciPy-Dev] updating optimize tutorial & doc questions

Denis Laxalde denis.laxalde at mcgill.ca
Mon Feb 6 11:30:41 EST 2012

Hi,

I've completed the minimize function which provides a common interface
to both unconstrained an constrained minimizers of multivariate
functions. Now I wonder if the optimize tutorial should be updated
in order to put this forward. I think new users should be pointed to
this interface instead of individual functions and that it should be
clearer in the tutorial. What do others think?

Besides, a couple of questions about the documentation on
<http://docs.scipy.org/>:

 - How is it actually updated?
 - The content of reference pages (e.g.
   <http://docs.scipy.org/doc/scipy/reference/sparse.html>) appears to
   be generated using automodule. There is also some bits in packages'
   __init__.py file but this is not consistent with the latter. So
   what's the documentation in __init__.py?

Thanks.

--
Denis