[SciPy-Dev] RSS feeds for pull requests

Pauli Virtanen pav at iki.fi
Mon Oct 3 19:12:22 EDT 2011

Hi,

It seems that a part of the nitty-gritty development discussions has
moved to the Github pull requests. Keeping tabs on these is not
completely easy, since (i) AFAIK only the people listed as "repository
owners" get email notifications of new PRs, and (ii) also they do not
get notifications of changes unless they say something in the discussion.

Here's one work-around to the situation: RSS feeds for everything that's
going on in the pull requests. Github doesn't itself seem to offer this
-- at least I didn't manage to find it -- but at least it was fairly
simple [1] to patch it together.

All chatter:

     http://new.scipy.org/numpy-chatter.xml
     http://new.scipy.org/scipy-chatter.xml

Only new pull requests:

     http://new.scipy.org/numpy-pull.xml
     http://new.scipy.org/scipy-pull.xml

They don't update in real time, and I'm not sure how useful these turn
out to be in reality, but there it goes.

[1] https://github.com/pv/github-pull-request-rss

--
Pauli Virtanen