[SciPy-Dev] Release blocker?

Pauli Virtanen pav at iki.fi
Wed Feb 16 17:26:35 EST 2011

On Tue, 15 Feb 2011 21:39:57 -0600, Bruce Southey wrote:
[clip]
> On 64-bit Win7 with 32-bit Python 2.6.3 and 3.1 , I get a crashes with
> both binary installers at
> 'test_interpnd.TestCloughTocher2DInterpolator.test_dense '. A window
> pops up asking to close the application.

The problem appears to be free()-ing memory allocated in a different DLL,
which apparently isn't allowed on this platform (didn't anyone test the
previous release candidates on Win7? :)

That is, the Cython module scipy.spatial.qhull allocated memory, passed
it on to the Cython module scipy.interpolate.interpnd, which tried to
free it -> boom.

This should fix it:

    http://github.com/pv/scipy-work/tree/bug/interpnd-windows

I'll see if I also manage to build Windows binaries...

--
Pauli Virtanen