[SciPy-Dev] Target date for 0.10 release

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 18 04:16:01 EDT 2011

On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 8:58 AM, Ralf Gommers
<ralf.gommers at googlemail.com>wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 2:13 AM, Pauli Virtanen <pav at iki.fi> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 17 Aug 2011 18:08:12 -0500, Warren Weckesser wrote:
>> > Just checking: the roadmap (http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/roadmap)
>> > says Sept. 30 for the release of 0.10.  Is that still the plan?
>>
>> Possibly -- there are already some new features and bugfixes.
>

> The 0.10 release notes are still a bit sparse. A few things that should be
> in there but aren't yet:
> - Lomb-Scargle periodogram
> - firwin types III/IV
> - update to CODATA 2010
> - deprecated lib.blas & some cleanup in linalg.blas
>
> I also checked the pending deprecations/removals. The only deprecated items
in 0.9 were the following nonlinear solvers:
- ``broyden_modified`` (bad performance)
- ``broyden1_modified`` (bad performance)
- ``broyden_generalized`` (equivalent to ``anderson``)
- ``anderson2`` (equivalent to ``anderson``)
- ``broyden3`` (obsoleted by new limited-memory broyden methods)
- ``vackar`` (renamed to ``diagbroyden``)

Can these be removed?

Ralf

There are also quite a few open pull requests. Here are some that I think