[SciPy-Dev] Pythonic Simulink clone... - how much interest?

Anthony Scopatz scopatz at gmail.com
Sun Nov 21 22:23:53 EST 2010

Hi Samuel,

You are correct, BlockCanvas is a kind of process modeler like the OP
mentioned.  Additionally, it sits on top of Python, NumPy, Traits, etc.  It
is currently available as part of ETS.

If I have my druthers, it and its underlying BlockContext (CodeTools) model
will see some love in the near future.  I tried to write up some
documentation for it a little while ago, but became distracted.  If you go
into the "enthought/block_canvas/app/" directory and run "python app.py"
you'll get a pretty good idea of what it does.

Be Well
Anthony