[SciPy-Dev] distribution docstring generation

josef.pktd at gmail.com josef.pktd at gmail.com
Thu May 13 15:34:50 EDT 2010

On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 2:49 PM, David Goldsmith
<d.l.goldsmith at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 11:13 AM, <josef.pktd at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> It works, and I merged the docstrings and did some basic editing in
>> rv_continuous and rv_discrete.
>>
>> the template version seems to have problems with %(shapes)s in the
>> Parameter list  when shapes is empty,
>> e.g http://docs.scipy.org/scipy/docs/scipy.stats.maxwell/
>>
>> The instance descriptions seems to allow editing, but only the class
>> docstring should be edited
>> e.g.
>> http://docs.scipy.org/scipy/docs/scipy.stats.distributions.maxwell_gen/
>
> Would you go so far as to characterize this as a bug?

Bug, undesired feature or feature request ?
I have no idea whether or how the doceditor can blacklist a function
(or class instance) so it cannot be edited or so it redirects to the
correct location.

The templating system is new for the distributions, so I'm also not
sure yet how it behaves everywhere.

I edited Poisson just to check
http://docs.scipy.org/scipy/docs/scipy.stats.poisson/

I could save the edit, but I have no idea where it would be stored.
And it's not supposed to be directly edited.

Josef