[SciPy-Dev] Recent changes to scipy stats

Matthew Brett matthew.brett at gmail.com
Wed Jun 2 15:51:34 EDT 2010

Hi,

> On 1 June 2010 01:25, Travis Oliphant <oliphant at enthought.com> wrote:
>> I actually think it very inconsiderate that I should be treated with such rudeness for contributing needed functionality.
>
> I was saddened to witness the tone of these conversations, and I wish
> certain rash personal comments by Charles and David G were rather not
> made; they certainly don't reflect the attitude of the community as a
> whole.

Well - hold on though.  Of course we should call people out on being
personally offensive - but if we're going to do that, we should do it
at the time of the email - directly to that person - it's only fair.
And - I think we have to be careful also to defend our ability to be
direct and honest when then are problems that need to be addressed.
Any community needs that in order to grow, I believe.

See you,

Matthew