[SciPy-dev] scipy.test() failures

David Warde-Farley dwf at cs.toronto.edu
Mon Oct 26 20:45:43 EDT 2009

On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 10:18:15AM +1100, Neil Killeen wrote:

> >>  ERROR: Failure: ImportError (/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/
> >> scipy/linalg/fblas.so: undefined symbol: srotmg_)
> >>
> >> and
> >>
> >> ImportError: cannot import name {linalg, calc_lwork}
> >>
> >> Perhaps the latter are due to the former ?
> >>

> yes from source
>

> > What about lapack?
>
> i am using the system version, /usr/lib  The FAQ states that the
> srotmg error is a BLAS
> error and that I should install from netlib which I did

Disclaimer: I usually build ATLAS and LAPACK from source, I've
never really played with the netlib BLAS much.

liblapack.a may have certain BLAS functions inside the archive (I think)
if you installed ATLAS packages from your distribution.
I'd recommend a clean LAPACK as well, and building numpy and scipy
against the same set of libraries, just to be safe... From show_config()
it looks like everything should be in order, I think.

Are you getting the exact same errors after building against your
source built BLAS?

David