[SciPy-dev] Proposed generic docstring for attributes of class generic

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 20 05:56:46 EDT 2009

On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 12:38 AM, David Goldsmith
<d.l.goldsmith at gmail.com>wrote:

> Short summary: Not implemented (virtual attribute)
>
> Extended summary: Class generic exists solely to derive numpy scalars from,
> and possesses, albeit unimplemented, all the attributes of the ndarray class
> so as to provide a uniform API.
>
> See Also: the corresponding attribute of the derived class of interest.
>
> Comments?

I saw you put this in the wiki already. One thing that is wrong is the See
Also on each page, instead of the default text it needs the right link, i.e.
for numpy.generic.sum refer to ndarray.sum.

Other than that I have no idea. Please ask again during the sprint if you
don't get a better answer.

Cheers,
Ralf