[SciPy-dev] [SciPy-User] SciPy Foundation

Charles R Harris charlesr.harris at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 16:49:09 EDT 2009

On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 2:13 PM, David Goldsmith <d_l_goldsmith at yahoo.com>wrote:

> Understood and agreed, but is your point that since code maintenance and
> generation would fall under the category of "capital," not "operations,"
> consequently our default assumption as outsiders should be that they do not
> invest in it (except when "operations" necessitate)?

I believe they host the svn servers and pay for the bandwidth, so that is a
significant investment. They also hire folks from the community who, after
all, need to make a living. As to direct investment in code development I
think Robert covered it. But I don't know much about what Enthought does, so
if you want a definitive statement you will need to ask them.

Chuck