[SciPy-dev] removing wx-related weave code (was test errors blocking 0.7.x branch)

Jarrod Millman millman at berkeley.edu
Thu Jan 29 02:29:21 EST 2009

On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 11:10 PM, Gael Varoquaux
<gael.varoquaux at normalesup.org> wrote:
> I see a solution to this: wait a bit more for cython to stabilise and
> people to get used to it, and then say that weave is depreciated in the
> favor of cython, and move it out. I can see such a scheme working (it has
> worked for me: I no longer really favor weave, cython is nicer).

Since 0.7.0rc2 is out, weave will be in 0.7.x.  We could deprecate
weave (and recommend cython?) in 0.8.x.  Simultaneous with the 0.8
release, we can move weave from the development trunk to its own
project.  Then weave can raise an error in 0.9.x and point users to
the standalone project and/or cython.  We could then remove all
references to weave in the 0.10.x release.

Jarrod