Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitb.ac.in
Fri Feb 27 00:52:55 EST 2009

On 02/27/09 11:07, Stéfan van der Walt wrote:
> scipy-submit -t 212 -m "Do not deallocate memory after object disposal."
>
> which then uploads the patch to the codereview site, and adds a link
> to ticket 212 with the commit message and review URL.  All of this can
> be done via the web, but I'd prefer to have a CLI available.
>
> Do you have any suggestions or further concerns?

I've not contributed anything in years to scipy but I have a practical
problem that might be worth addressing eventually (others might be in a
similar position) -- my entire network is firewalled and I can only
access the web behind an authenticated http proxy. The firewall does
allow ssh connections out though but that seems useless to access a git
repository hosted on github say. The git user guide does not mention the
word proxy (google wasn't too much help either) and it would be nice if
all the tools allowed people to use the workflow from behind a firewall
without too much pain.  This may or may not be possible right away and
may be low priority but is worth keeping in mind.

Thanks.
prabhu