[SciPy-dev] Scipy workflow (and not tools).

Matthew Brett matthew.brett at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 15:34:32 EST 2009

Hi,

>> A proposal
>> -------------
>>
>> We set up a patch review policy.  The review involves checking for and
>> suggesting tests and documentation.  That's the default.  If you don't
>> want this to happen to your code, then you ask for an opt-out.

> I think as far as patch review goes, opt-in is quite enough

I would suggest - following Stefan's comments - that opt-out would
encourage people to think of this as being the standard way to work.
Opting-out would be saying 'this is not the way I like to work' - and
that is OK.

> - what's
> lacking is a reasonable mechanism to implement patch review.

Right.  So, staying clear of the actual tools - can we ask Stefan, or
David, or Pauli, to suggest a specific workflow along these lines?
Then we can see how to implement it.

Best,

Matthew