[SciPy-dev] Scipy workflow (and not tools).

Matthew Brett matthew.brett at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 15:01:20 EST 2009

Hi,

> I don't want to focus on any commits specifically (this kind of thing
> happens across the board), but I'll give one example that involves
> yourself.

And I will give an example that involves myself.  I added a patch that
was partly tested and not properly benchmarked to the 0.7 matlab io
and rendered it more or less unusable for large datasets.

I speak only for myself, but I like having people have a look at my
code, teaching me stuff I don't know, or just checking things that I
didn't think of myself.

So, how about this:

A proposal

We set up a patch review policy.  The review involves checking for and
suggesting tests and documentation.  That's the default.  If you don't
want this to happen to your code, then you ask for an opt-out.

Does that sound reasonable?

Matthew